Friday, June 18, 2004

Damn You- You are Still Just as Wrong!

Forgive me, I was wrong on Iraq - Opinion - www.theage.com.au This is a perfect example of what I call "Praising With Faint Damns". If I was as politically and racially blindered, as divorced from human suffering, and just plain dull in my thinking, I would try not to put it on public display. The crap he spews is just flabberghasting:

The use of military force is very much subordinate to a larger political solution in places such as Iraq. This is because the root causes of disorder and violence are varied and profound. They include the availability of guns and drugs, and the prevalence of racism and sexism together with the dissipation of the family. These are factors that diminish respect for human life.

What the hell is he talking about? But this takes the cake:

If there is a pervasive cause, it would appear to be poverty. The UN has rightly engaged in a "war on poverty" where the protagonists are the poor who attempt to steal from the poorer

You tell 'em Bish ! It's the "poor who attempt to steal from the poorer" what's at the root of our problems!

And the big finish:

Looking back on the events of the past 18 months I continue to seek God's forgiveness for my complicity in creating a world in which this sort of action was ever considered by anyone to be necessary.

I'll tell you what, Bish: When you've beaten yourself up enough, you can change from the heavy woolen drawers to the light cashmere.

Oh well, as the good Bishop puts it: "it was just another war"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home